When getting started in inFlow you might find that you’ll be filling out your product information as you go. You can always able to make updates to product records directly, but if you’d like to make changes in bulk, then re-importing your product details to inFlow is the quickest way. This can be done in 3 steps
- Exporting from inFlow.
- Editing the CSV.
- Re-importing to inFlow.
Before you start
Back up your database before you start the import process. This gives you the option to revert your data back to as it was before the import. For more on backing up and restoring your database see here.
Step 1 – Exporting from inFlow
- Go to Main Menu >General > Export data.
- Select Product Details from the Data type section drop down menu. (This file will contain information you can get from the product info page, like Price, Cost, Unit of Measure, Barcode etc.)
- Click Browse to choose where you’d like this file to be saved.
- Click Export.
Step 2 – Editing the CSV
- Open the csv that was exported from inFlow.
- Find the columns where you want to make changes.
- Save the csv file.
Step 3 – Re-import to inFlow
- Go to Main Menu > General > Import data.
- In the Data type drop down menu select Product details.
- Click Browse to locate the CSV from your computer.
- Click Next.
- Match the fields to the left (inFlow fields), to the fields in the drop-downs (the CSV fields. Example: Match the Barcode inFlow field with the Barcode field in the drop down menu)
- Click Import when the fields you want to update all match.
From here the import will run. When it’s complete you will see a message on the import screen mentioning how many lines have been updated. Each line item represents each line on the product details csv.