One of the more common problems with installing inFlow on Windows 8 seems to be related to having the same windows profile name as your computer. So for instance if John’s computer is called “John” and his windows id is also “John”, this may cause a problem installing SQL Server (a component we use for inFlow).
The quickest way to correct this issue is:
- Press the Windows Key + X to open the power user menu
- Choose System from the list
- In this window under “Computer name, domain and workgroup settings” please click the Change Settings option on the right.
- Click the Change button near the bottom of this window.
- Enter a new computer name here, for example “John-PC”
- Click okay
You will have to restart your computer for the changes to take effect but once you have please try installing inFlow again. If you’re still having trouble please have a look at this article on what to do if you’re having trouble installing SQL Server 2008 R2.