Absolutely! The newest version of inFlow includes support for Windows 8 and new inFlow users should feel free to download it from our site here and enjoy. If you have any trouble getting set up or any further questions or concerns please let us know.
A note for current inFlow users upgrading to Windows 8
It’s important to note that if you are already running inFlow on a previous version of Windows (eg. Windows 7) and intend to upgrade to Windows 8, you’ll need to take a few extra steps to ensure that all your data, and your copy of inFlow moves over correctly and that you’re able to continue using it as you move forward.
Before Upgrading your copy of Windows:
- Make a backup of your inFlow database via Main Menu > General > Backup Data and save it somewhere safe like an external drive (USB Key, another computer etc).
- If applicable, make sure you still have your inFlow license key on hand. If you don’t, please drop us a line and we can re-send that for you.
- Uninstall your copy of inFlow by following step 1 of these instructions.
After upgrading your computer to Windows 8
- Reinstall inFlow by downloading it here and running the installer.
- Once inFlow has loaded you’ll want to restore your database via Main Menu > General > Restore Data and choose the backup file you made at the beginning of these steps.
- When/if prompted, re-enter your license key to upgrade to your paid copy.
You should now have a fully working copy of SQL Server on your new Windows 8 operating system with all your old data present. If you run into any trouble or have any questions or concerns before getting started with your upgrade please do let us know! We’re available via the support centre.