We’re glad you’re going to upgrade to v3! This article outlines what major changes were made and how your data will look once it’s been migrated over.
What features were added to v3?
There have been quite a few changes since v2 but the most noticeable are:
- The “Complete & Pay” button has become two (Fulfilled and Mark Paid) to help you manage inventory and payment separately
- New Status icons allow you ship individual lines even faster and right from the main page
- Payment details reporting has been improved so that you can track the specific amounts that have come in on a particular day (instead of cumulative)
- Serial numbers and it’s tracking have been added (Premium license users only)
- You can email directly from the program (via the sales order window)
- Dashboard and Reports will now more accurately reflect backdated orders and costs
Detailed changes for each v3 update can be found here: https://www.inflowinventory.com/software-release-notes
What will happen to my data when I migrate from v2 to v3?
This migration guide outlines exactly how your data will migrate over: https://cdn2.inflowinventory.com/support/inFlow%20v3%20Change%20Guide.pdf
How to upgrade to v3?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to process the v2 to v3 payment. Make sure you include the email you used to purchase inFlow.
- After the payment is processed, make a backup of your v2 database by going to Main Menu > General > Backup Data and save the file somewhere easy to find (like your desktop). You shouldn’t need this file but it’s always a good idea to create a backup before any major changes.
- Update to v3 by logging into your account at manage.inflowinventory.com, downloading the version you’re eligible for and running the download.
- You’re all done! Welcome to v3!
If you have any questions or troubles updating please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com